Saturday, December 12, 2009

#10 of the 00s - MGMT

Even though their live performance in Athens wasn't as special as I would have liked.
Songs about growing up, or is it the environment? or the earth's destruction in 2012 according to the 4th dimensional prophecy? or selling out? or just sex? Something different for everyone, something special for each one.


10. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular




All along the western front
People line up to receive.
She got the power in her hands
To shock you like you won't believe.
Saw her in the amazon
With the voltage running through her skin
Standing there with nothing on
She's gonna teach me how to swim

Ooh girl
Shock me like an electric eel
Baby girl
Turn me on with your electric feel


-

The water is warm
But it’s sending me shivers
A baby is born
Crying out for attention

The memories fade
Like looking through a fogged mirror
Decision to decisions are made
And not bought,
But I thought this wouldn’t hurt a lot.
I guess not

-

Past the point of love
Shattered and untied
Waiting to pick up the pieces
That make it out alright

But pieces of what?
Pieces of what?
Pieces of what doesn't matter anymore

No comments: