Saturday, December 05, 2009

#16 of the 00s - Of Montreal

Rude foul-mouth poets of Sex and the motherfucking City, shooting lyrics like lines, at the beat of the modern commute. For a lyrics junkie like me, it's like A.D.D.

16. Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping




I'm so sick of sucking the dick of this cruel cruel city
I've forgotten what it takes to please a woman
But that's all gonna change

Now the freaks wanna take me home to see
If the rumors are true,
so I kick open the doors and windows
To let the world hear sure
There's so much anger and pain
But come see, there's still some gentle people
fucking to strawberry letter 23

Maybe I'll blow you
Whatever kind of kisses you want
Because you've got so much in common
With my big cock creator
We function on the lowest human level
Yet somehow keep living
I thought it was over but it all still hurts the same
It still hurts the same

-

You should call me sometime. I won't answer but, at least I'll know you care.
(How will you know it was me?)
You think I ain't got caller ID?

I guess I should be happy for you, for your success and all that
But your fame ain't got nothing for us
I supported you kid, back when no one else did (oh yeah, oh yeah)
You know I waved your flag, back when no one else did
I just want things to be the way they used to be,
When you only set a place for me

-

Turning tricks on the hood of Jasmine's car
That whole summer was really just too peculiar
You know I would of given it up to almost anybody
That had a little money and was sweet to me

Mama my heart's not dead
It's just really bad weather in my temporary head

-

I confess to really being quite charmed
By your feminine effects
You're the only one With whom I would role play Oedipus Rex

I want you to be my pleasure puss
I want to know what it's like to be inside you

-

You only like him because he's sexually appealing
But I read his journal, it was very revealing
He fucked your sister in an elevator junior year
(Oh yeah, oh yeah)
And let your brother suck him but then beat him
So he could prove he wasn't queer
(Oh no)
So what do you think he has in store for you my dear?
(I don't know)

What it is that you want from me
But you -You cannot have me
If you could read my mind
Know what I really feel
I wonder would we still be friends?

-
we can do it softcore if you want
but you should know I take it both ways
-
Oh don't you pimp out my heart
-
Do you remember, our last summer as independents?
-
This life is not a prison; we are always free to go, anytime
-
Can't help it if it's true,
don't wanna be your man,
just wanna play with you

No comments: