Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Top 20 Albums of the 00s

Lists make me happy inside.

From today until 12/20 I'll be joining my blog space in gone4sure's rally for a Greek bloggers' countdown to the top 20 albums of the decade, posting one pick a day until the #1 on 12/20.

I'm kicking off with my top 30 to 21 picks that almost made the final list:

30. Girls Aloud – Chemistry / Tangled Up


Did you tell him? No, no, no
Give him kisses? No, no, no
Whisper honey? No, no, no
You're delicious? Hell no!
Were you dancing? No, no, no
Sweet as toffee? No, no, no
You get his number? No, no, no
Get him out for coffee? Hell yeah!


29. Adele - 19


Daydreamer, sittin’ on the seat
Soaking up the sun he is a
Real lover, makin’ up the past and feeling up his girl like he’s never felt her figure before
A jaw dropper
Looks good when he when he walks, he is the subject of their talk
He would be hard to chase, but good to catch and he could change the world with his hands behind his back, Oh…



28. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois


Seven miles above the earth,
There is Emmanuel of mothers.
With his sword, with his robe,
He comes dividing man from brothers.

In the tower above the earth, we built it for Emmanuel.
In the powers of the earth, we wait until it rips and rips.
In the tower above the earth, we built it for Emmanuel.
Oh my mother, she betrayed us, but my father loved and bathed us.

Still I go to the deepest grave,
Where I go to sleep alone


27. Amy Winehouse – Back To Black


He left no time to regret
Kept his dick wet
With his same old safe bet
Me and my head high
And my tears dry
Get on without my guy
You went back to what you knew
So far removed from all that we went through
And I tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
I'll go back to black


26. Duffy - Rockferry


I remember, way back, way back when
I said I never wanna see your face again
Cause you were loving, yes you were loving somebody else
And I knew, oh yes I knew I could control myself
And now they bring you back into my life again
And so I put on a face just like your friends
But I think you know, oh yes you know what's going on
*Take it all or leave me alone*


25. M83 - Saturdays = Youth


Kim & Jessie,
they have a secret world in the twilight,
kids outside worlds.
They are crazy 'bout romance and illusion


24. Hercules and the Love Affair - Hercules and the Love Affair

As a child I knew
that the stars could only get brighter
then we could get closer
leaving this darkness - behind

Now that I'm older
the stars shed light upon my face
but when I found myself alone
I feel like I, I am blind


23. Kylie Minogue - X / Fever

Let it go, here we go
Just let it slip inside
That's right, here we go
One button at a time
Who cares who sees tonight?
Look, looking, looking wow

Flash it in fashion with me
Skin to skin, body to body
Dare to ever let me see
Nu-di-ty


22. Gossip - Music For Men


It's a cruel cruel world, to face on your own,
A heavy cross, to carry alone,
The lights are on, but everyone's gone,
And it's cruel

We can play it safe, or play it cool,
Follow the leader, or make up all the rules,
Whatever you want, the choice is yours,
So choose, I trust you



21. The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing


They call me 'hell'
They call me 'Stacey'
They call me 'her'
They call me 'Jane'
That's not my name...

They call me 'quiet'
But I'm a riot
Mary-Jo-Lisa
Always the same
That's not my name...

No comments: