Sunday, August 12, 2007

UGO's Top 50 TV Shows of All Time

TOP 50

I'm not going to post the whole list, just those relevant to me (=those I've watched!)

50.Babylon 5
47.Alias
45.Xena
37.Lost
31.Animaniacs
29.Saved By The Bell
28.Transformers
24.Ren & Stimpy
21.Twin Peaks
17.Family Guy
16.Batman the Animated Series
15.Star Trek the Next Generation
13. X-Files
12.Looney Tunes
11.Firefly
9.South Park
8.Simpsons
7.Freaks and Geeks
6.Muppett Show
4.The Sopranos
3.Battlestar Galactica
1.Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Hmm, not too bad, 22 out of 50, that makes me a 44% TV geek, I guess.

(yes, I haven't watchewd the Office or the Wire, or 24. Deal with it or move on ;) )

And there's no arguing that these series belong in the Top 50. Sure, I wouldn't place Firefly on spot 11 (above Star Trek? really?) or Family Guy above Transformers.

As for what I would use to fill the gaps?

criminally ommitted:

SIX FEET UNDER (deserves to be in the Top 10 as much as The Sopranos does)
ANGEL (see above, but Buffy, or better yet have it replace Firefly)
FAULTY TOWERS
BLACK ADDER
SEX AND THE CITY
FRIENDS (kinda obvious. and WILL & GRACE by extention)
FRASIER
BEVERLY HILLS 90210 (hey, if Saved By The Bell gets the cut, this one is even bigger in terms of teen culture impact)

any other recommends?

No comments: