Friday, December 18, 2009

#2 of the 00s: The Killers

The realization of the Killers' existence came to me late this decade and hit me like a ton of bricks. This is another personal one, linked to both my best friend, Andromachi, who introduced me to them one late afternoon in her house in Manchester, and Sean, who was a great station in my life and who I've linked with "All These Things" that he used to sing to me on our drive home. It would have been number 1, but sometimes too much baggage can weigh something down to #2. Music video by Justin Timberlake from Kelly's Southland Tales.


2. The Killers - Hot Fuss



It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss

-

I believe in you and me
I'm coming to find you
If it takes me all night
Wrong until you make it right
And I won't forget you
At least I'll try
And run, and run tonight
Everything will be alright

-

And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
These changes ain't changing me
The cold-hearted boy I used to be

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Over and in, last call for sin
While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done

No comments: